The smart way to share documents and improve communication: Dispatch
We have all heard about the Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive and other cloud storage services. But not many have heard about Dispatch. Dispatch is a web service that enables real collaboration when working on a group project. I know it is possible to share files or folders using a service like Dropbox, but Dispatch adds a whole new dimension to the art of collaboration.
The feature list:
- Besides the fact that it makes it possible to connect to Dropbox, Evernote, Box and Google Drive and directly share files from both services within Dispatch itself, it also works with multiple Dropbox or Google Drive accounts. Isn't that awesome? But that is just the beginning.
- If you don't have a Dropbox, Box, Evernote or Google Drive account, let that not stop you from using Dispatch. You can also share files by uploading them from directly your computer. You do it once, which reduces the chances of people working on the wrong copy of a document.
- Realtime collaboration: The feature that really got me excited is the ability to add comments, notes or even link videos to the so-called dispatches, i.e. files being shared. Imagine you are working on a document with a friend. You use Dispatch to share a file that is in your Dropbox, Box, Evernote or Google Drive account and then you invite your friend to work with you on the document or start a discussion. Your friend can enter live comments and you can reply. It's like an instant messaging system. This makes it much easier to collaborate in comparison to the possibilities offered by either Dropbox, Box, Evernote or Google Drive individually.
- Another huge advantage of using Dispatch is the fact that the files that you are sharing are always up to date with the originals. This means changes made to a google document magically appear on the documents in Dispatch.
- Dispatch also supports Google Contacts to make it easy to send invitations for collaboration to contacts.
- The "post-to-dispatch" browser addon makes it easy to share valuable links with other team members
Wondering about the price? Well, there is no price. Dispatch is totally free.
Dispatch has become one of my favourite tools. I spend less time sending documents to and fro when working with other people. That improves productivity and that's what I am always trying to do. Get Dispatch here and give it a spin.
Please share the love or leave a comment if you find this service useful, or discover other ways to use it. You can also subscribe to my newsletter below to receive fresh news from the world of enhanced productivity.
More blog posts about applications for you to enjoy.
- 1 of 3
- next ›